6 Reasons You Need Essential Oils in Your Body Products
6 Reasons You Need Essential Oils in Your Body Products
Essential oils are a precious gift from nature, derived with only minimal human intervention. In the modern world, there are many chemicals and synthetics in common use, to which increasing numbers of people suffer allergic reactions such as asthma, skin rashes, digestive upsets and so on. The natural qualities of essential oils help to redress the problems caused by unnatural substances. Our skin benefits from natural, organic, plant-based products that are formulated with the emollients designed by nature to cleanse, hydrate and keep skin flawless and healthy.
We have all heard that the skin is our body’s largest organ. Your skin has a big job to do protecting your body, so it's made to be tough and stretchy. There is a lot more to this job than it might seem. There are three main layers of the skin.
Epidermis is the top layer of the skin, the part of the skin you see.
Dermis is the second layer of skin. It's much thicker and does a lot for your body.
Subcutaneous fat is the bottom layer.
Your skin's top layer, the epidermis, is super thin on some parts of your body (your eyelids) and thicker on others (the bottoms of your feet). The epidermis is the layer of skin in charge of: Making new skin cells, giving skin its color and protecting your body: The epidermis has special cells that are part of your immune system and help you stay healthy.
A lot happens in the next layer, the dermis. The jobs of the dermis include: Making sweat, helping you feel things, growing hair, making oil and bringing blood to your skin
The bottom layer of skin is the subcutaneous fat layer. This layer plays an important role in your body by attaching the dermis to your muscles and bones, helping the blood vessels and nerve cells, controlling your body temperature and storing your fat.
Here are 6 ways Essential Oils Help This Vital Organ Maintain Health and Stay Looking Younger, Smoother and More Hydrated:
1. After a few weeks of using mild, natural body products with essential oils, your skin will be softer, smoother and more hydrated. Skin tone will be more even and have a healthier appearance.
2. Essential oils smell wonderful, leaving your skin fresher and fragrant without synthetic perfumes.
3. Essential oils can help alleviate flaky skin, itchiness and other skin conditions. They balance moisture levels leaving healthy, hydrated skin.
4. Essential oils can promote healthier cell growth, creating the production of new skin cells (collagen) faster for younger, healthier looking skin. Once the skin is balanced, the blood vessels are stimulated, generating a good supply of oxygen, leaving your skin smoother and more vibrant!
5. Essential oils have antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. They are a natural astringent with serious antiseptic properties. This means you are cleansing your body completely and helping to heal irritated or inflamed skin without the use of harsh detergents or chemicals. Hydrating products containing essential oils create barriers and protectors for your skin.
6. Essential oils are therapeutic, invigorating, relaxing, a mood balancer. Having essential oils in your body products helps to aide you in achieving a mindful, holistic lifestyle.
Cleansing and Moisturizing Tips
- · Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minute
- Use warm rather than hot water
- Wash with a gentle, plant based cleanser
- · Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using harsh chemicals and detergent based products.
- · Blot your skin gently dry with a towel
- · Slather on the moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
Plant based body oils, body butters, and lotions (moisturizers) work by trapping existing moisture in your skin.
To trap this much-needed moisture, you need to apply a moisturizer within few minutes of drying off after a shower or bath and before bedtime to keep your skin hydrated while you sleep.
Shamarwyn Body Products use thoughtfully crafted, high-grade and wild-crafted essential oils and natural blends that connect us to plant wisdom. Throughout time, cultures have used aromatic oils for sacred ritual, aromatherapy, purification, contemplation, perfume and medicine. We look to these plants for guidance, healing and inspiration.
Essential Oils Good for Your Skin
Rose has been used in skincare since ancient times. It is beneficial to all skin types & is especially valuable for dry, sensitive and experienced skin. It is anti-inflammatory and soothing to the skin. Shamarwyn products use pure essential oil of rose, rose distillate & organic rose powder
Pure Essential Oil of Peppermint is a decongestant for the skin. Peppermint is refreshing, stimulating and restorative. It works as an antioxidant and helps to relieve dry, itchy skin. The peppermint fragrance is bold, awakening and helps to promote mental clarity.
Pure Essential Oil Essential Oil of Lavender from Flowers Imported from France: Lavender is balancing and normalizing to the skin. It helps heal and soothe minor skin irritations. Lavender helps relieve muscular aches and pains. The fresh, delicate, floral fragrance of Lavender is comfortingly familiar.
Mandarin Orange Essential Oil helps in reducing stretch marks and hyperpigmentation of the skin. It is a very mild oil and perfect for skin care because of its ability to maintain the moisture balance in the skin. Mandarin Orange has a soft, warm, tangy, light citrus fragrance.
Frankincense Essential Oil helps to rejuvenate skin tone and prevent wrinkles. It is this power to protect and repair skin cells which makes frankincense one of your most powerful anti-aging essential oils. Frankincense has a woody, mystical scent that has been used for rituals since ancient times.
Lemongrass Essential Oil is unique because it has antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. Just like its distant cousin, lemons, it's a natural astringent with some serious antiseptic properties. Lemongrass Essential Oil is useful in toning and tightening the skin. Lemongrass has a euphoric, sweet, herbal scent.
Sage Essential Oil is revitalizing and helps balance the moisture
in the skin. This herb is loaded with calcium and vitamin A, which protect your skin against the assault of free radicals and aid in daily cell regeneration. The antibacterial properties of this amazing herb prevent the occurrence of skin infections. It also possesses antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which help relieve the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis. Sage essential oil has a sweet, green, nutty, herbaceous fragrance.
Rosemary Essential Oil, imported from Spain, is antiseptic and purifying. It works as a powerful antioxidant to help protect the skin against free radical damage. It is also used to banish cellulite and stretch marks. Rosemary’s sharp, fresh, green fragrance makes it the perfect androgynist fragrance for those who love cooking and a walk in the garden after the rain.
Spearmint and Peppermint Essential Oils can be combined in an aromatic blend to invigorate and refresh. They help in relieving dry, itchy and scaly skin.
Blue Chamomile Essential Oil is particularly therapeutic for sensitive skin with superior anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties. It has been proven useful in treating skin allergies, rashes and irritated skin conditions including eczema.
Skip harsh chemicals in favor of natural treatments that include essential oils, which can be used to infuse your skin with healthy nutrients while minimizing damage or irritation. In addition to improving the condition of your skin, these naturally derived oils add freshness to your body and balance the moisture levels of your skin. Choose oils that appeal to your sense of smell and meet your skin’s needs.